The Landscape Scale Restoration (LSR) Competitive Grant Program supports high impact projects that promote collaborative, science-based restoration of priority forest landscapes, leverage public and private resources, and advance priorities identified in a State Forest Action Plan or other restoration strategy.
The objective is to focus competitive LSR funds on activities that address priority areas, challenges and opportunities facing western lands. Funding for the LSR Competitive Process is made possible through the USDA Forest Service.
WFLC is charged with delivering the LSR competitive grant process in the West. Our LSR grants team reviews, scores, and makes recommendations on project proposals from western states and Pacific Island territories, which are passed along to the WFLC membership for approval. Proposed projects recommended for funding are then sent to the Forest Service.
- All proposals must be submitted online at www.forestrygrants.org. Passwords are provided to each Western State and Pacific Island Forester.
- States will sometimes have a pre-proposal process that may have an earlier due date and details. We encourage you to contact the state point of contact for more information.
- Past proposal submissions, scores, and comments are posted at www.forestrygrants.org. For archived applications from 2010-2014, click here.
FY 2024 Information
The FY 2024 LSR Competitive Grant Process opened on August 21 and closed on November 17, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. MST. (Please note that there is a new separate tribal process.)
Click here for a recording of the FY 2024 Landscape Scale Restoration Grant Program Informational Webinar.
Please read the following documents carefully before developing proposals:
- Proposed Landscape Scale Restoration Manual (FSM 3800) (National LSR Manual)
- FY 2024 Western Guidance
- FY 2024 LSR Application Worksheet
- FY 2024 Frequently Asked Questions (Updated October 2023)
- Western Grant Online Instructions
- GIS Data Instructions (Use to add GIS data to the application.)
- Multi-State Proposal Portal Instructions
- LSR Quantitative Accomplishments Requirement
For more information, visit our LSR blog post.